Friday, July 20, 2012

George's Fishing Trip with Bearfoot Adventures


I love it when a plan comes together and that is exactly what happened today. George and I left early to try out a new spot for sockeye and dedicate what time remained to trout fishing. I cannot tell you how happy I was to arrive at our first destination to find sockeye lined up right where we were expecting. George is a fantastic angler and it didn't take 10 minutes before we had sockeye in the fish box. After numerous battles and many laughs we had our limit and regrouped for a short hike further upstream to catch trout. George expertly landed 8 rainbows, 4 grayling, 1 dolly varden, and 2 chum salmon on 6# line in less than 2 hours.
Just to round out an already stellar fishing day we stopped at a spot on our way home and landed a nice 9 pound king salmon. George summed up the day by commenting "fantastic fishing, fantastic weather, fantastic company." George I'm flattered!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment